Friday 18 January 2008

Rajnikant does not rule out taking up politics

New Delhi (PTI): Will he or won't he? To a query on whether he would join politics, superstar of the south Rajnikant on Thursday said the possibility of him donning the politician's role existed.

"I believe in destiny... I believe in God and whatever God wants me to do, I will do," he said accepting the NDTV 'Entertainer of the Year' award here.

"God has given me an actor's role. If he gives me a politician's role, I will do it," Rajnikant said.

The undisputed megastar of the south, Rajnikant, whose film "Sivaji: The Boss", crossed over the linguistic divide to become a megahit, said Amitabh Bachchan was for him the biggest actor in Bollywood.

And when filmstar Shahrukh Khan, who is also called the 'Badshah of Bollywood', jokingly asked him what should one do to become the 'Shehanshah', he said, "One day, you will definitely become the 'Shehanshah'."

To a question on him being one of the highest paid actors in the country, pat came the reply: "Who says I am the highest paid actor?"

No comments:

LOVE AND SERVE PEOPLE